Joint Base to present new 315th Airlift Wing commander Saturday | News
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC)- The 315th Airlift Wing will welcome a new commander Saturday in a ceremony at Joint Base Charleston.
Colonel James Fontanella is set to take command of the 315th Airlift Wing, an Air Force Reserve Command unit with more than 2,300 personnel. The ceremony will be held at 10 a.m. on Saturday, September 22 at the base.
According to a release, Col. Fontanella recently worked as the Chief of Programs and Requirements Division for the Office of the Air Force Reserve at The Pentagon. He is a 24-yera military veteran with more than 3,000 flight hours.
Top Joint Base Charleston Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Report: Motorcyclist tips bike over to get rid of drunk woman
- 'Little Shop of Horrors' hits the West Ashley HS stage
- West Ashley HS students pledge to 'W8 2 TXT', win 1,000 Subway subs
- Film documents Charleston FD's recovery after Sofa Super Store fire
- Holy City to announce Iron Brew II special ingredient tonight